Making its first official public appearance, the Breton Ultrix 1200 EVO is a high-performance multitasking machine featuring five interpolated axes, designed to guarantee the highest performance in heavy milling and turning of difficult materials such as special alloys, light alloys and composites.
The machine’s notably solid structure has a base onto which the gantry movement guides are fixed, while the automatic magazine is in a specially designed cavity on the left column.
Following Breton’s tradition, the material used for the structure is Metalquartz®, a polymeric resin that fills the electrowelded structure, giving it impressive rigidity and unequalled vibration damping capacity.
These characteristics then translate into above-average machining quality with very high finish levels and a longer tool life than any machine tool user could possible image.
The GANTRY is made of electrowelded normalised steel and moves along the top of the two columns thanks to high-precision roller guides.
The RAM is anchored to the front of the bridge and is also made of normalised steel. The RAM runs on the bridge, driven by a system of ball bearings and a preloaded double lead screw nut.
At the bottom of the RAM, near the motor spindle, there is a three-axis accelerometer sensor, which is very useful for monitoring the tool balancing during machining.
The TURNING TABLE can be tilted from -120° to +120°, providing the 4th and 5th axes. The structure supports the C-axis direct drive motor, which can be used as a high-precision, high-speed 5th axis for turning.
Distinguishing points of the Ultrix 1200 EVO:
• Less floor space used (1700x1600x1000 travel)
• Dedicated boring tool, as is usual on the Breton Breton ULTRIX range.
• Accessory management (additional heads, special tools, turning heads with transmission etc.) in the machine’s dedicated internal magazine, with automatic tool change.
• Tilting table available with dual Direct Drive or Dual Drive A axis with play recovery and max torques of up to 9000Nm.
• Milling/turning table with torques of 2000 to 5000Nm, max speed 450rpm.
Thanks to its high rotation speed, this solution allows significant roughing and excellent finishing of the workpieces, without changing machining centre.
• Symmetrical structures to reduce the impact of thermal expansion to a minimum
We'll get back to you promptly.
Well, that’s all for today.